I am super pumped to publicly announce my new career opportunity as Community Manager with the Science of People. Science of People teaches people how other people work, relating to body language and nonverbal communication, human lie detection, and the psychology of successful relationships (both personal and professional).
Anyone seen the show Lie to Me? If you haven’t, I highly recommend a Netflix marathon. The show centers around Dr. Cal Lightman who is based off Dr. Paul Ekman, one of the pioneers of body language, lie detection, and micro expressions. Not sure what a micro expression is? Here’s the rundown:
- Seven emotions have universal signals, meaning regardless of age, gender, nationality, ethnicity, etc., each person makes the same facial expression when feeling one of the following emotions:
Pretty cool stuff, huh? Vanessa Van Edwards, the creator of Science of People, is a Behavioral Investigator and considers herself a “recovering boring person”. She gives readers tips on how to be attractive, what to wear on a first date, how to tell if someone is lying to you, how to be interesting at parties, what to do (and not to do) in an interview and so much more. She’s basically amazeballs and the coolest boss ever.
I am insanely excited by this new venture. My work is interesting, scientific, and the best part- I love sharing what I learn with others (not to mention, I feel like a badass).
What’s in it for you?
- Every single person can benefit from this information. Literally everyone:
– College students
– Young Professionals
– Single, dating, and married people
- Get real, honest and scientifically-backed advice on:
- Free stuff. Sign up for Vanessa’s newsletter to get even more tips on how to perfect your own body language and how to read others here.
Interested in even more?
In addition to the blog and newsletter, Vanessa has 3 online courses that dive even deeper into the science:
- Body Language for Entrepreneurs
- How to be a Human Lie Detector
- The Secrets of Body Language
If you are interested in signing up for one of the above courses, I would love to share a 50% discount code with you! Simply, leave me a comment with the course(s) you would like! Each course has about 4-5 hours of material that can be completed at any rate!
If you’re nervous about an upcoming interview, super awkward at networking events, a crazy introvert, in the dating world or dealing with other people on any level, I highly recommend checking out one or more of these courses.
Stay tuned for more Science of People info!
P.S. Like Science of People on Facebook!
Follow Vanessa on Twitter: @vvanedwards